Monday, January 19, 2009

Monarch Star


This frame and wheels were found on the verge and given to me for my birthday last year (cheap family). Call me weird, but I LOVE this bike. . I do get some disturbed expressions from strangers (and acquaintances alike) when I ride it. It's not like I'm wearing a dress or anything....not that there's anything wrong with that either, but I don't get this girl-bike/boy-bike thing. Sure 70 years ago when girls were girly, having a cross bar may have resulted in the odd undy flash. 

Anyhow, if you ever scour Ebay for old bike bits, you may have noticed how many girl-bikes there are.....ZILLIONS. Any theories? Is it because the fems are inclined to tuck their tredlies thoughtfully under cover with a blanky, or is it just that blokes trash the poop out of theirs and then just leave them on the verge for the vultures when the tyres get flat? 

Now having  managed to work through a few issues, I feel it's time to announce that this bike is actually for sale. Truth is, I can only fit so many bikes into his shed. My mum told me once that "A man can only wear one shirt at a time." I take her point, but I'm sure I could wear two at once.

 I scored the seat (Bell) from a bloke from the Western Australian Historic Cycle Club. More on them later.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

lawsuit funding